Price 12,00 €
Your body just loves insect food!
- Edible insects are rich in nutrients. The house insects contain plenty of protein, iron, creatine, calcium, magnesium, zinc in addition to which there is the fish's type of omega fatty acid division between the omega-3 and omega-6.
- Did you know that in grasshoppers, there are five times more antioxidants than in oranges?
- With its high B12 vitamin content and its healthy nourishment composition, insect food is highly recommended for balancing otherwise mostly vegetarian diets.
- The chitin to be obtained from the insect food and its breakdown products, chitooligosaccharides, and chitosan operate like fiber and lower the cholesterol of the blood. They also have antioxidative, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer effects. It has also been stated that chitin and its breakdown products will prevent the growth of most harmful intestines bacteria.
- As insects lose about 75% of their weight as the water evaporates during the roasting/drying, they are a real power food.
- References to sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Simply delicious… that’s the verdict on our leaf-chomping Locusts with their delightful walnut-like taste. TOP TIP…Prefer us soft and plump? Empty into a bowl. Cover with boiling water. Remove after 6 minutes. Enjoy.
- Real, vile little crunchy critters prepared and ready to eat
- An interesting topping to your pizza or pasta
- High in protein and low in carbohydrates – the ultimate low-fat snack
- Sourced from sustainable stocks and organically fed
- Premium Freeze-Dried Product
- No artificial colors, flavorings or preservatives. No MSG.
- Turbo-charge dinner party conversations
- Fantastic Halloween, celebratory, birthday or Christmas gift
- Ideal for use in Bush Tucker Challenge charity fundraising events
- Contents per pack: Approx 60-70 insects
- Net weight: 35 grams / 1.23 ounces
- Packaging: Sealed clear re-sealable tub
- Shipped: Boxed
- Crunchy Critters supports Fairtrade Practices
- Note: Cooked insects are brittle and may not arrive whole or intact following their time in the postal system
- Latin name: Locusta migratoria
WARNING! It is possible to be allergic to insect food. Food allergens are proteins. Sensitization to insect proteins is possible, just like to any other food proteins. The proteins that insects contain are similar to the proteins of e.g. crustaceans and mollusks. Thus persons who are allergic to prawns, for example, may have an allergic reaction from insect food. Insects may contain traces of gluten.
- Energy (kcal/100g) 559
- Fat (g/100g product) 38.1 of which
- Saturated fatty acids 13.1
- Mono-unsaturated fatty acids 13.0
- Poly-unsaturated fatty acids 11.9
- Carbohydrates (g/100g product) 1.1 of which
- Sugars (g/100g product) 0
- Fibre (g/100g product) 8.4
- Protein (g/100g product) 48.2
- Salt (g/100g product) 0.43
OBS! Innehåller foderhärstammande rester av gluten, soja och fisk. Insekter kan förorsaka allergiska reaktioner. Korsallergi är möjlig hos personer som är allergiska mot kräftdjur, blötdjur och/eller husdammskvalster.